Explore New Career Opportunities at
Program open to REFUGEES & ASYLEES only
Learn more about these high demand job fields to increase your income with short term training grants funded by the MN Dept. of Human Services
Attend a two-day program that will help you learn what it takes to succeed in these jobs and the income potential. You will participate in hands-on activities in each career area and use assessment and interest tools to learn what areas you have the most potential for success. You must attend the two-day program in order to qualify for the training grants.
MAY 2nd 9am-4pm
JUNE 6th 9am-4pm
At Dakota County Technical College (Rosemount Campus- located on County Rd42 east) Free parking. Breakfast & lunch provided.
job developer at ________________ or Christine Pigsley at
1. The training applicant must be working at least 20 hours per week in an unsubsidized employment.
2. The training applicant must have worked in the US for at least nine months.
3. There are high-demand employment opportunities that require the training proposed. The high-demand employment opportunities are in the area where the training applicant resides.
4. The training applicant must be able to meet the requirements for admission into the training program.
5. There is a reasonable expectation that the trainee will complete the training program based on such factors as the individual’s work history and current motivation.
6. They must maintain their work during the training.
7. The training applicant must have income not more than 200% of federal poverty guideline.
8. The training scholarship may not be more than $5,000.
9. The training program must be completed within three-four months.
10. After completion of the training, the trainee will obtain and retain employment in the high demand industry.
11. The training applicant must attend the two-day training at Dakota County Technical College before registering at a different institution.