Greetings! A group of us have been meeting over the months after the Minority Political Summit to create a multiethnic collaborative for the collective voice of ALANA (African, Latino, Asian, Native American) communities. Please see the vision statement below and also in the attached document if this email does not come through well.
We invite you to sign on as a member. The link below will take you to the application form which allows you to join the organization at whatever level you are comfortable with. The key is to have a large collective voice so that we can be heard. In the future we also envision us hosting candidate forums and other such events. Please forward to your networks.
To date 25 people have signed on
Membership Form (Will take less than 5 minutes) http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=679663060467
A collaborative of the dynamic and creative capital of ALANA communities and friends building One-Minnesota. (ALANA- African Latino Asian Native Americans).
1. Pre-k to graduate school quality education for all
2. Affordable, accessible and culturally competent health care for all
3. Affordable and culturally appropriate housing
4. Comprehensive immigration reform
5. Access to resources and markets (public and private) for all entrepreneurs
6. Accessible, affordable and alternative transit systems
7. Welfare program leading to self sufficiency
8. Eliminating racial disparities in the criminal justice system,
9. Representation at all levels of government and private institutions
10. Youth leadership and career development:
Bruce P. Corrie, PhD
Chair, Undergraduate Business
Professor of Economics
275 N Syndicate Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55117
Tel: 651 641 8226
Lyon County Government Center 607 W. Main St. Marshall, MN 56258 (507) 537-7046